Pages

Wednesday 11 April 2012

Getting out of Excel gridlock

Hi

Welcome to my blog. I'll be sharing a useful tip about Excel every week...yes...really! I think Excel is one of the most powerful tools you can use in business, and people just don't know enough about it to get the most benefit from it. I hope to share a bit of my knowledge with you on a weekly basis.

If you ever want to know more, check out my website www.excelangels.ie , and  we can set up a training session.

So...the first tip....I'm going to start on a really easy one, but one that I use all the time. Because I like my spreadsheets to look pretty. And I hate the gridlines.

So if you would like your spreadsheet to go from looking like a scary gridlocked page of numbers, to a neat, plain blank page with some official and "they have to be right they're so smart" figures, here is what you do:

In Excel (2007 or 2010), click on the "Page Layout" tab on your menu ribbon. Midway through the ribbon you will see "Gridlines". Just click on the little box next to "View", so the tick no longer shows.

Et Voila. No more gridlines.

Now, even more impressively....you can do this with the click of 3 letters. No need for a mouse:

Press Alt, then P,V,G.

Cool, isn't it?

If you're missing the gridlines, just repeat the steps above.

This was a super simple tip to get us started. Let me know if there are any Excel topics you want discussed. I'll be happy to oblige.

Till next week,
Vicky

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like this? Or not? Would you like a specific topic covered? Leave a comment and let me know.....